Join the acquisition and asset management team of a real estate investment firm. We are seeking an organized and proactive individual with real estate experience. Hard working, communicative, and detail oriented candidates with excellent computer skills and the ability to multi-task are encouraged to apply.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, underwriting potential investments, assisting with due diligence on transactions, maintaining financial models to support both asset management activities and investment decisions, and other real estate acquisitions, asset management, and investor management tasks.
Company offers comprehensive benefits and eligibility for a discretionary end-of-year bonus.
This is a chance to work and grow with a dynamic, growing, creative company. See www.eastendcap.com for more information.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare detailed financial analysis for the firm’s investment activities, including IRR calculations, equity multiple calculations, NPV cash flows, promote calculations and associated cash flow waterfalls
- Perform comprehensive due diligence on new acquisitions, including; review and summarize 3rd party reports, perform lease reviews, and ensure accuracy of financial and Argus models
- Participate in the drafting and implementation of strategic business plans and investment memoranda for each asset
- Work closely with property management, brokers, consultants and attorneys to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis and approvals.
- Coordinate the development of Annual Business Plans and Quarterly reports by assisting in the preparation of property operating and capital budgets and reviewing and approving on-going financial variance reporting.
- Conduct ongoing quantitative and qualitative analyses to support decision making related to execution of asset business plans including hold/sell/refi analysis
- Help facilitate lender compliance with asset specific requirements such as obtaining approvals for lease agreements or significant capital expenditure projects and coordinating the release of escrow accounts.
- Perform market research and tenant-specific research as needed.
- Prepare responses to ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative investor queries and assist with investor reporting and corporate presentation materials.
Qualifications & personal characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- 1-3 years of work experience with exposure to financial modeling and analysis; prior real estate experience is preferred
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Argus
- Exceedingly organized
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Exceptionally responsive, at all times
- Self-motivated, resourceful, pro-active with strong attention to detail
- Professional, open minded, desirous of learning, team player, forward thinker
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER EXPLAINING YOUR INTEREST TO: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com